Anime Roleplay Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great roleplaying site =]

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Links
Random
RP Requests
General
Polls
Topic(s) Being Watched
Other Links
bots.. i hope they dont send junk links A60b98de

bots.. i hope they dont send junk links Fefb5f07

bots.. i hope they dont send junk links

Go down 
AuthorMessage

bots.. i hope they dont send junk links Empty
PostSubject: bots.. i hope they dont send junk links   bots.. i hope they dont send junk links EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 8:35 am

i see we got bots in here.. i was wondering if they are the same kind of bots that killed that chat area...thoes bots send you links to sites that you have to pay for.. worce off they send you messages...

i hope they are not the same kind of bots.. if not then what do the bots do here??? just wondering
Back to top Go down

bots.. i hope they dont send junk links Empty
PostSubject: Re: bots.. i hope they dont send junk links   bots.. i hope they dont send junk links EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 11:38 pm

The bots you see here are the 'spiders' that search engines like Yahoo, MSN and Google use to index websites. They go around the internet checking websites out so they can give better results when a user looks up a keyword, such as 'anime' or 'roleplay'. These kinds of bots are okay, and are actually beneficial.

The bots you initially thought of are probably 'spambots', those automated programs that start posting ads and stuff. Thankfully, this site currently uses an admin-approval system for new members. That means, no one can post unregistered, so we shouldn't have any problems with random 'guest users' posting up spam and whatnot.
Back to top Go down

bots.. i hope they dont send junk links
Page 1 of 1