Anime Roleplay Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great roleplaying site =]

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Links
Random
RP Requests
General
Polls
Topic(s) Being Watched
Other Links
Require help from anybody >> A60b98de

Require help from anybody >> Fefb5f07

Require help from anybody >>

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Minoshiya

Minoshiya

Male
Number of posts : 2965
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Require help from anybody >> Empty
PostSubject: Require help from anybody >>   Require help from anybody >> EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 5:20 am

This was mah present~

"There's a method to my madness; if only I could find it..."

To: Mino

Merry Christmas~~ Hope you like it o.o

The coding for this is something Tox made me for christmas, now I've got the top and bottom pictures working - but theres one piece of data that's like this -

background=http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VgCsHNwX7VE5s3LTr6IEO9WlgnIhUCEq045bUmBOJLW1hdGIfREGIEHMQ!pzJN7p8nTEzaUCjpl5MDhM6BCryDF8EL!ZA5TV5voy4tgAgETmzcV6L*yobWt3Dgo5PvyP/bckrnd.jpg?dc=4675653352487575414

Anyway I've tried saving it and uploading it into several areas, none of it works = =; Without it the coding just breaks and looks ugly

Merry Christmas~~ Hope you like it o.o

Anybody have any advice on this annoying piece of coding since once MSN Groups closes I'm somewhat boned over?
Back to top Go down
http://img.4chan.org/b/

Require help from anybody >> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Require help from anybody >>   Require help from anybody >> EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 8:50 am

Devious little thing, but I see that the trick with that image is that it's 363 pixels wide (the width of the box), but only 1 pixel high! So, if you tried copying the URL to your browser's address bar, you'd barely see anything except short smudges of what makes up the left and right "border" of the text box against a practically all-white window - but it's there.

Anyway, you did say you managed to save a copy of it, so the above should be known to you already. Now, all you have to do is just upload it to your photobucket together with the other images, then copy the "Direct Link" URL provided. If it provides you with a URL with a ? sign somewhere at the end like your top and bottom image, just delete everything from that sign onwards (or don't, if it works well enough for you - some users just experience posting problems when they keep the ? sign and everything after that).

Here's how the image looks against a black background, by the way:

Require help from anybody >> Bckrnd

If you quote this reply, you'll see the Direct Link URL of it as it can be found in my photobucket, and once you upload it to your own photobucket, this should be the form you'd be putting in the background= part of the HTML Table tag, like the way it works below:

Test Text
Essentially, it's a 1-pixel image that gets repeatedly tiled upon itself for every pixel of your text area's eventual height (as it expands as you type in more text). So, in short, just upload a copy of this 1-pixel high image to your photobucket, get the Direct Link URL (delete ? sign onwards), and paste it over the old groups.msn.com address printed in the original coding.

Here's how it looks like as a whole with the background image linked from my photobucket and the top and bottom from yours. It's no longer any different than your original box:

Problem Solved. Merry Christmas.

Back to top Go down

Require help from anybody >>
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anime Roleplay Realm :: Welcome :: Ask Admins-
Jump to: