View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Racheal Mansen

Female
Number of posts : 11221
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Trial and error(private)   Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:42 am

Himawari appeared, tossing a clearly winded soldier near Cory's feet. Her right arm was pressed tightly against her chest, and while her eyes and expression where calm, her entire body gave off a aura of pissed off and upset that effected everyone caught up in it. Turning, she didn't care that anyone had seen her eyes. As she walked off, a couple of soldiers that had been walking stopped, giving the woman a wide berth. Meanwhile, the woman went to her room and locked the door. People that reacted violently, or men that were too.... disgusting to be called men, where the reasons that she hardly had left her family's complex. She had been foolish to think it would be different anywhere. That was the last time she tried to explore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.playlist.com/darknightraven
AnnaleeWalker

Female
Number of posts : 4821
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Trial and error(private)   Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:33 am

After three hours Cory ended up blowing up losing his temper and screamed at everyone except Leo to get lost and leave him in peace and quiet. Leo was trying to calm him down as the boy was nearly in tears at this point. "Come on we're going outside out of this stuffy room right this minute." Said Leo leading Cory out. Once out in the garden he saw Ryuuta there actually helping the ground caretaker with his work. "Ryuuta you don't have to work you're our guest." Said Cory softly as he sat down wiping away his tears.

"Yes but I'll go crazy if I don't do something. I heard you screaming all the way out here everything alright?" Asked Ryuuta. "I told those old bastards to get the heck out before I hurt them. I don't like being talked down on and they will not treat me like a child. I'm king now and my word is law whether they like it or not. I'm going to find a way to get rid of them all." Said Cory. He found a training sword held out to him and Ryuta said, "Let off some stress pracitce your basics for a few."
Back to top Go down
Racheal Mansen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trial and error(private)   Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:59 am

Himawari shook her head and continued on to her room. Once there, she re-arranged stuff for the fifth time since she had first arrived. She then went and obtained a book and then retreated back to her room. Sitting on the floor with her back towards the door, she removed her special contacts, then looked up towards the nearest mirror to see her icy-blue, almost white eyes. Sometimes, even she found it hard to look at her reflection. Her grandfather always said that Himawari had the ability to see right into people's true souls, just like ancestress and namesake had so many years ago. Sighing, she let her hair down from its braid, and began to read.
Back to top Go down
AnnaleeWalker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trial and error(private)   Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:42 am

While she was walking the halls Cory walked past her with a few council members behind him and Leo one of them was chattering his ear off though he held up a hand to shut up the guy before saying, "Himawari I heard from Ryuuta you like to read. The library is second floor three doors down the right hall when you come up the stairs. Please go enjoy yourself and I'll get back to training when I have time. You're my guest so don't restrict yourself to one area." He then shot a look toward the men behind him daring them to even open their mouths before smiling at her saying, "See you in a bit." He then carried on with them Leo was trying to not crack up at how frusturated the three council men were.
Back to top Go down
Racheal Mansen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trial and error(private)   Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:29 am

Himawari came riding along on a massive black and white horse for the second time, having retrieved the last of the things she needed to have while she was there. She was determined that, no matter how long it took, she would keep teaching Cory until she had fulfilled that promise. Even with a bloodline so detached from the royal one, a promise to blood was still a promise that could not be broken. Besides that, she could not sit at the Shibata complex, knowing that some old-assed bastards might try to take advantage over someone so suddenly thrust into this role. After brushing down her horse and putting him away, she brushed herself off where the dust of travel had settled into her clothes, then made her way to the room closest to the barracks that she could get without actually living in them.
Back to top Go down
AnnaleeWalker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trial and error(private)   Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:21 am

Cory just nodded and by sundown he sat in the back leaning against Leo sound asleep. Leo sighed worried about Cory's mental state at the moment. After a three hour ride they made it and Cory was being led to bed by Leo and by morning he was in his father's work area looking over his paperwork with Leo.
Back to top Go down
Racheal Mansen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trial and error(private)   Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:02 am

Ly-an's spirit used the energy that had saturated the room as Himawari had be practicing, and left the room. Using nature's natural channels, he moved along them until he settled into the large willow that stood in the middle of the garden. Wind gathered and gently blew past Cory, Ly-an's spirit voice hidden in the whispers of the wind. It is not until we lose it all that we find our true strength. I had the chance to leave it all behind, because I had a younger brother, but all that is left is you. Our blood has become too diluted over the hundreds of years for anyone in the Shibata family to claim royalties, so you are all the royal family has left. You have a massive spirit, your energies are so great that you can actually hear me. Since my younger brother, there has been no one so suited to rule than you.

"I made a promise that I plan on seeing through." The large long chest she had been carrying with the help of her gift made a small puff of dust raise up as she sat it on the ground. "Time for the king-ling to go home. The pain.... It may never disappear, but with time, you will be able to put it away, and remember the days of perfect memory." The wind swiftly blew past her and she smiled, closing her eyes. She blinked, and then the smile quickly flew from her face. "We need to get your things together and ready to go."
Back to top Go down
AnnaleeWalker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trial and error(private)   Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:49 am

Cory just stood there shocked and he just left and was now upset. Going back out he was shocked to see Leo there at the gate talking with Yuuta. He ran up and said, "Take me home now please Leo!" "First let me tell you why I'm here you're not going to enjoy the news I have for you. Come on let's go inside and have you sit down." Said Leo leading him after Yuuta. Once the three of them were sitting down.

Leo said, "Cory... your father is dead. Now before you freak that's not the only thing your mother ended up claiming her own life out of grief. I have to come take you home but things might be hard on your for a while the council will try and over rule you for sure because you're only eighteen and they don't see you fit yet. But it's the law you're the heir and the law states that only a living heir can take over and that's you..."

Cory's eyes went wide and he just jumped up and bolted out after that. "Cory please come back!" Said Leo standing up but the boy was gone. Retreating out into the garden Cory just fell to his knees his face in his hand as he just started sobbing loudly.
Back to top Go down
Racheal Mansen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trial and error(private)   Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:27 am

Himawari jumped and the silver clattered to the floor, once again in its bar shape. She stood to her feet suddenly, her eyes wide and thankfully she had kept her colored contacts in. She swept the silver pieces into the small bag at her waist, and fled quickly, her gaze on the ground in front of her and and faint color to her face. She went all the way to the other end of the complex, and hid her special room, her hands rubbing roughly at her eyes. She hoped that no questions would be asked about what he had seen.
Back to top Go down
AnnaleeWalker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trial and error(private)   Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:44 pm

Ryuuta had just finished his bath and walked out all nice and clean when he dodged a bucket of mud dropped from above. "You ass I just washed myself!" He yelled glaring at Ryuuta who said, "Damn you nearly got hit with it too. Fine I'll let you win this round." He walked off only to have the bucket splatter on him when Ryuuta kicked it carefully and then bolted. He ended up running into the very room she was practicing in when Ryuuta chased him him down and cussed him out for getting him all muddy. Locking the door he laughed and said, "What a sucker." He turned and froze seeing what she was doing. "Wow that's something. You're full of surprises Himawari."
Back to top Go down
Racheal Mansen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trial and error(private)   Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:31 pm

Himawari watched as the thin silver piece floated in the air in front of her. Blinking slowly, she watched as it twisted itself into complex shapes, eventually turning into a simple cross shape. She continued to do that that hours, becoming so engrossed in her mental training that she did not hear the sounds of cleaning getting closer and closer towards the training hall. She placed two highly twisted pieces of silver in her hands, then clasped them together. The metal turned into a ball then drifted slowly up from her hands. Pulling her fingers apart, she slowly raised her hands, her fingers seeming to 'dance', the metal ball responding to their movements.
Back to top Go down
AnnaleeWalker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trial and error(private)   Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:24 pm

"Jeez she's all business isn't she Ryuuta?" Asked Cory rolling his eyes. "Afraid so I never really seen her act like those normal girls you see though she's one tough cookie I'll give you that." Said Ryuuta dragging the foolish unconscious men out the dojo grounds and slamming the gates shut after he tossed the last guy out.

After that Cory went back to training and three weeks had passed. Since he had been working his ass off he was allowed to have some free time for a day only. Ryuuta was busy watering the trees when he saw Cory snoozing in a sun patch. "You just going to sleep all day boy? You're young go out have some fun make some friends." Said Ryuuta. "Sorry old man but this is normally what I do when I have free time. If Leo were here he'd normally make me get up but you if you tried you'd just throw out your back gramps." Said Cory with a teasing grin.

"I'll show you old!" Said Ryuuta spraying Cory with some water. Cory coughed and spluttered jumping up. "Oh you are so dead old man!!" He yelled pissed running at Ryuuta who grabbed him and flipped him onto his back. Now it was an all out war between the two throwing pine cones and acorns at each other amonst other things and now Cory was a dirty mess. "You made me wreck my yard you little punk." Said Ryuuta with a sigh.

"Yeah yeah, but I gotta give you credit you're not like most old people. Got a lot of energy in you still." Said Ryuuta picking twigs and bits of dirt out of his hair. "Well have fun fixing the mess I am going for a hot bath." Said Ryuuta walking off.
Back to top Go down
Racheal Mansen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trial and error(private)   Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:42 pm

Himawari walked out, dressed in a deep blue day-yukata, with white bird-patterns, her hair pulled up into a ponytail, which was then pulled forward over her right shoulder. "Is there something you men need?" She gave a faint smile as she caught a whiff of alcohol as one of them grabbed her arm. "You should let me go, sir." The man smirked, his words jumbled together. Smiling faintly again, in a flash of movement, she had all three men on the ground, her back towards them, returning her sword to were it was hidden before on her inner belt. "Let us go back to training, Cory."
Back to top Go down
AnnaleeWalker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trial and error(private)   Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:28 pm

Cory frowned and sighed he then saw she was nothing but all business. "You really are something you know that Himwari. In the captial where I live women don't use swords and are more worried about how they appear and stay in the kitchens most the time. But you just keep me guessing. It wouldn't hurt to crack a smile and stop being so stiff." Said Cory.

He blinked hearing a racket outside and stuck his head out the door. Seeing some thugs from the surrounding area harassing Yuuta who was out cleaning the yard in front of the dojo. He then quickly ran out. "Lay off him who do you think you guys are harrasing him! Didn't your parents teach you to respect your elders!" Said Cory walking up. "Stay out of this kid it doesn't concern you." Said one of the three. "And I'm saying get the fuck lost!" Yelled Cory pissed.
Back to top Go down
Racheal Mansen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trial and error(private)   Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:15 pm

Himawari stood up to her feet and pulled an extra dummy out, this one dressed in full light armor. "Study your opponent. Find its weak points before you even try to attack. If you do not know your opponents weaknesses, you cannot destroy them." She walked off and settled into the corner. "I want you to stand there, and list off all the ways you would take down such an opponent. And then we will put them to practice. She pulled her own practice sword out of its hidden place, and waited. Her expression was so clear that it gave away nothing.
Back to top Go down
AnnaleeWalker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trial and error(private)   Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:51 pm

Cory grabbed his practice sword and held it the way he had saw Ryuuta show him earlier. Doing a quick slash to the right across the stomach of the dummy he gasped when it split right in half. "Whoops... guess I went over kill on it sorry.." Said Cory looking at her giving a nervous laugh.
Back to top Go down
Racheal Mansen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trial and error(private)   Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:40 pm

Himawari knew her grandfather all too well to know that was not all of it, but she did not care. She had long gotten over how.... different her grandfather was. She placed her sword on the floor beside her, motioning towards the dummy in the corner. "Take the practice sword, and show me what you think is the best way to take down an enemy in light leather armor." Her eyes blinked once, before the look that was in them fled. There was no way she was going to show anymore moments of weakness.
Back to top Go down
AnnaleeWalker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trial and error(private)   Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:25 pm

It was a short time just as sundown came when a soft knock was heard at the door. Cory had come in and took a seat across from her looking at her. "I see why you wanted me in that room alone all day. I saw him... I saw Ly-an... but that's not all who I saw. I was told to pass you a message from someone you might know... He said to tell Himawari this. Do not shed tears because I am gone now and do not spend your life alone forever. Someone like you deserves the best of happiness as it's what your parents would have wanted for you and the same goes for I. Be strong and remember you are not alone as I'll always be watching over you." Said Cory softly. He then said, "That's all I was told to pass onto you."
Back to top Go down
Racheal Mansen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trial and error(private)   Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:11 pm

Himawari turned and went off to her room. After taking a good, long hot bath, she sat in her room, brushing it gently through until it was as soft as silk, after having dried it before. Leaving her hair down, she got dressed her black and white sleeping yukata. Grabbing her broom, she swept out her room, then settled into a meditative position of her own on her bed. Because she would not be doing anything major, when she came out of her meditation at sundown, she decided to stay in the black-and-white yukata, and made her way to the Miiko room, her black hair loose and falling halfway down her back, some of it pulled forward over her shoulder, her colored contacts freshly changed.
Back to top Go down
AnnaleeWalker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trial and error(private)   Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:56 pm

Walking in Cory looked at her before saying, "I'm really sorry... I must be pathetic to you... But I'm willing to learn now if you'll teach me. I do want to go home because I know Leo is there waiting on me after all he's my god father.." Ryuuta appeared that moment and said, "I have something that was delivered to us from your home for you Cory. It appeared to have come from Leo. The package will be waiting in your room for you when you go to bed eventually." Cory nodded and said, "Thank you." He then went and sat down cross legged in the middle of the room. Taking a deep breath he closed his eyes and did as he was told clearing his mind of any worry and thought. Ryuuta smiled and left quietly after that.
Back to top Go down
Racheal Mansen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trial and error(private)   Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:47 am

The hammer was suddenly plucked from his hand, then placed on the work table she had brought out when they began. "Come." She started off towards the one building he had been forbidden from even getting near. At the door, Himawari gave a deep bow, muttering a prayer before opening the door and letting him into the Ancestor's room. "Our entire history is here. Earlier made me see that you are like my grandfather and my ancestor, Ly-an. My grandfather took a long time before he was able to really get into the feel of training. Ly-an was a crown prince that did not want to rule. Ly-an's spirit is strong here because all or our family's historic things are stored here, and my grandfather only passed on to be with our Ancestors two week and three days ago. Meditate, fully meditate, until sundown, and then find me in the Miiko room. By sun-up, you will have mastered the basics of swordsmanship, and moved onto the first level of the Shikota style."
Back to top Go down
AnnaleeWalker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trial and error(private)   Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:33 am

"And what if I don't want to go home... did you ever think about that... I'd rather be free then burdened with the fact I'm the next in line." Said Cory. Though he suddenly got slugged across the face that moment by Ryuuta who snapped. "You selfish little brat if you don't lead who will! The very country we reside in will fall into nothing do you want so many people to suffer like that!! I can't stand cowards like you! It's reason my home land is no more and why I'm here! Because the kingdom I came from the prince was a fool just like you and dragged the country down with him when he gave up on himself!!" Yelled Ryuuta throwing his hammer down and walking off pissed.

Cory stood up pissed holding his face hot tears streaming down his chin. Grabbing his sword he ran right at Ryuuta and swung down right on him. Ryuuta caught off guard actually got a cut on his face though he was fast to disarm Cory and slammed the boy down into the dirt. "Bastard..." Cory choked out angry in tears though he stopped struggling and just lay there shaking and sobbing softly.

"You don't get it boy you have the potential yet you refuse to put it to use for the sake of yourself and your people... You cut me now which proves you have what it takes. Why is it that you don't want to be the heir?" Said Ryuuta. "Because... I'm scared... yeah go ahead and laugh at me. You'll never understand nobody will what it's been like for me since the day I was born I was to follow high expectations... I screwed up I was punished for it... What if I do something like that when I do rule it could cost everything... My father doesn't even look me in the eye like a human being and my mother just looks at me like I'm to be pitied. I just want to live my life the way I want too! Or is that so wrong to want!" Cory cried as he lay there.

"Boy you have no idea how much so I can relate to you... That prince I spoke of from my country was me..." Said Ryuuta letting Cory sit up. "It's been thirty years since my country collapsed because of me. And there's not a day I don't regret it... Because of that I don't want to see the same thing happen to you." Said Ryuuta as Cory looked at him shocked. "Go help her finish up I need to give myself a rest..." Said Ryuuta walking off. Cory just walked over to Himawari and picked up the hammer Ryuuta had used and got to work making sure the boards were snug and tight by hammering them lightly.
Back to top Go down
Racheal Mansen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trial and error(private)   Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:04 am

Himawari walked past, a bundle of long wooden boards on each shoulder. Her long white sleeves were tied up to her shoulders by thin red ribbons, and her arms from shoulders to wrists were covered in fresh bandages. Her long black hair was pulled up in such a way that it would not snag on anything while she walking. "Ryuuta, shut up and get back to work. Cory.... Come with me." The master-teacher led the way to a section on the compound that she had cleared. Already, the foundation for the new building was done, and the posts were in their proper places. "Since Ryuuta in busy, I need you to help me with this. Once the walls are up, which should take about two days, I will teach you. Ryuuta may be proficient in swordsmanship, but the Shikota style is very.... subtle, and much different from any other styles out there."

They were halfway through with putting together the outside north wall when she finally spoke up, after an hour of silent work. "I lost my father and mother to raiders. We were visiting a small village on the border that needed help re-building after a particularly bad raid, and everyone was working fast because there was supposed to be a pretty bad storm on its way. I was helping my mother with the village children, myself being eight years old at the time, when the raiders appeared. My father was being pulled left and right, trying to protect the elderly, and those that were sick or just plain couldn't fight.

"The raider's leader spotted the children, and his intent immediately fell on me. My mother tried to fight him.... But she was sliced clean through from right shoulder left hip. My father, furious at the pure barbaric-ness of the attack, rushed in. The battle seemed to go on forever, but it was over in two minutes. The raider lay dead, his head separated from his body, and my father had suffered two mortal wounds, with the addition of his right arm being severed at the shoulder. He told my to see in the village elder was alive, and have the man send me to my grandfathers...." She shook her head, then went back to work after the shudder ran down her spine. "Family is the most precious thing that we have. You are the future of this country, and your parents only want you to be able to protect yourself, if anything should happen to them. I do not know if they will send you back or not, but do not pass up the chance for them to see how much you have changed from the day you left your home to come here."
Back to top Go down
AnnaleeWalker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trial and error(private)   Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:48 am

Cory just looked at her and didn't speak the whole time she was talking. Once she left he just glanced out the window a few stray tears started to fall down his face. But he knew he didn't have much of a choice if he wanted to leave he had to so after that he put himself to work the first week and barely picked up anything. He could barely hold the training sword right let alone swing the damn thing properly. So when training was done for the day he just practice on his own mostly late into the night and in the early morning hours.

Ryuuta was out picking the weeds on a Sunday morning at the end of the first week and while he was carrying the bags of dead weeds out to the back he saw Cory practicing on his own with the basic swinging method. He seemed to have been out there even before sunrise. "You keep swinging like that boy you're just looking to lose an arm one day." Said Ryuuta.

"Thanks for the vote of confidence old man but I don't care about the promise she made me. I have no home so why not just run myself into the ground. I have nothing to return too my parents tossed me out and the only person I thought I could trust walked out on me and left me stranded here. So why rush I'll never master it in a month anyways. I may as well just take my sweet time at this rate." Said Cory still practicing his swinging while talking.

"Quit being a baby you have a home and you can return as soon as you start thinking more positive and master this stuff." Said Ryuuta walking over yanking the training sword out of the boy's hand. "First off your stance is sloppy. You're to act as if the sword is an extension of your body now watch I'll show you even with something like this you can cut a piece of fruit easily. " Said Ryuuta pulling an apple out of his pocket and placing it on the fence.

Stepping back he said, "Right hand first supporting and left guiding the blade." Ryuuta then slashed straight downward on the apple and it split in two shocking Cory. He then handed it back to Cory and said, "Now the movement you saw me use is the first of the four basic ways to swing the blade. The other three are right, left, and upward just remember that." Ryuuta then walked off and Cory rolled his eyes calling after him, "Thanks for the lesson old man I didn't learn a damn thing other then you cutting an apple."
Back to top Go down
Racheal Mansen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trial and error(private)   Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:19 am

Leaving the introductions of life in the school and the technical stuff to Ryuuta, the master-teacher of the Shikota style trained for five days, only leaving her special building to take a bath and sleep. On the afternoon of the sixth day, she finally ate something and then sat up in her room to meditate. This lasted for several hours before she was finally able to sleep calmly. The next morning, she had Ryuuta go into the small orchard and get some of the ready fruit from the trees her grandfather had plated years and year ago, that were still producing perfect fruit.

Going in the Ancestor Room, that only herself and on occasion, Ryuuta, were allowed to enter, she retrieved a red lacquered box, with a carefully inlaid jade dragon, about a foot long and five inches wide from a the base of the armor set back in the alcove that overlooked the rest of the room. Covering it with a lightly waxed rag to protect it, she tucked it away in her sleeve and went to look for Cory. Once she found him, she pulled out the box and and laid it down in front of him after removing the cloth. "Do you know what this is?"

The royal family's seal (which was in the center of the jade dragon on the top of the box) hadn't changed much over its seven hundred plus years in power, so it should be easily recognizable to the prince. She opened the box to reveal a jade dragon on a solid white-gold chain. The dragon was curled around a red jade egg, and the red jade seemed to pulsate when the light caught it. "This was the symbol of the crown prince, Ly-an, who was born six hundred and ninety-eight years ago. Ly-an always could feel that he wasn't meant to rule, and that his destined purpose was away from the capitol palace and city. So his passed the mantle to the next oldest son, gathered just the bare essentials he needed for his trip, and left the Palace, never to return."

The woman picked up the amulet and cradled the cool jade in her hand, a soft smile flashing across her face. "Ly-an eventually settled into the village about a day's ride from here, where he met my ancestress, and name-sake, Himawari. She was from a long line of samurai, and from a family that trained both their sons and daughters the Code. He learned from her father, and while at the same time doing the traditional thing and speaking to him about marrying his daughter. Himawari had already expressed to her father, near the beginning of Ly-an's training, that if he ever asked him about marriage, that she was fine with that. And in the Akatima family, the young girl did have a some-what say so in the matter.

Ly-an and Himawari were married, and over the years, Ly-an developed what is now the Shikota style, or the Shibata style. In our six hundred-year plus history, there have only been three people that have truly mastered the Shikota style: Ly-an's, my ancestor's fourth son, my grandfather.... and myself...." She closed her eyes for a moment before placing the jade dragon amulet back in the box, closed it, and pushed it towards Cory before standing to her feet and turning her back towards him. "I give you that, with only one request. Do not quit. If you master the first level of the Shikota style within one month, you get one request. No rules, no limitations. Whatever your request is, that request will be fulfilled. the real training starts tomorrow morning at five in the morning." Blinked his chocolate-brown contacted eyes, she left, disappearing as quickly as she had appeared.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trial and error(private)   

Back to top Go down

Trial and error(private)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next